We recently had an opportunity to curate a beach date with the help of our friends Sweet Beats DJ truck and Living Room Sessions for a live recording at Santa Monica Beach. We were joined by producers SumoHair & Co. Fee with supporting DJ sets by Mendzter of Living Room Sessions, Mike Styles & Subira. Big shout out to Kiyomi & Ry Toast of Sweet Beats for providing the incredible soundsystem on wheels and photos featured here, as well as AJ (LRS) for recording video & audio of the sets. Enjoy!
More from Living Room Sessions!
More about Sweet Beats LA!
Music from Co.Fee
More Music from SUMOHAIR
One of Southern Cal’s most requested Afro-Latin tropical front, YANGA, joins us in-studio for a one of a kind live session! We then sit with the group to discuss their history, future releases with New York based label NAMES YOU CAN TRUST and impressive list of side projects with other musicians, like Chico Mann, Buyepongo, Quita Penas, El Michels Affair & Brainstory. Get ready to get #MasTropical! Mas Musica: https://bit.ly/2fJ1mjR
Studio Engineer: DJ Gabe Real
Producer: Mike Styles
Cover Art: BLINDHERD
SUBSCRIBE on Apple Podcast: https://apple.co/1QoOoC1
On this monumental 25th episode we welcome a real legend, Danny Holloway. He blesses the decks with his trade mark 45 slingin’ we talk about his time in the industry, his work as a music journalist at the NME newspaper, which led to him accompaning the Rolling Stones to Jamaica. He then joined Island Records’ London, being mentored by label owner Chris Blackwell. We discuss his contributions to 3 Bob Marley albums, plus work with Jimmy Cliff, The Meters, The Maytals, The Heptones and others. Holloway currently co-owns the popular reissue 45s label, Ximeno Records which is working to soon launch an exclusive record club!
Inka One is another LA heavy hitter, representing Boombox LA. He blesses us with a uniquely fresh Dilla Tribute as his crew prepares their annual Doin’ It for Dilla party this Saturday Night at Grandstar Jazz Club. Mike Styles opens the show with an all Brazilian vinyl set in light of the upcoming Carnaval season and Gabe Real wraps the show with all Reggae 45s.
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCAST
Getting 2018 off to a great start at A Stable Sound. Cut Chemist and legendary Hip Hop photographer/director/cultural enthusiast, B+ get way deep in LA music history and his explorations of music around the world. Much of which is captured in his recent photo book, GHOST NOTES: Music of the Unplayed. Recorded Live at Dublab.
Making good on our promise, Gabe Real, Mike Styles, Subira and JB, better known as the Re:Fresh Pomona Crew comes together for a very special edition of Beats of All-Nations Radio in light of New Years Eve 2018. We discuss the hits and misses of 2017, predictions for the next year, a bit of our history in the community but most importantly we offer you something to move to. Enjoy this 2 hour party for the world. Happy New Year! Cover Art: Blind Herd
SUBSCRIBE ON APPLE PODCASTS
Sumo Hair‘s “Patio No” from the free compilation curated by A Stable Sound and Beats of All-Nations. Music and Video produced by Sumohair.
GOING BACK TO CALI: CUT CHEMIST’S COLOMBIAN CRATES REMIXED //
Phantom Thrett is an experimental producer, singer, and rapper from Pomona, California that has been creating hip-hop and R&B tracks since ’07. Thrett plays a live set a beats from his SP-404 and talks about the grand opening of Serious Cartoons Records & Tapes happening Saturday September 23rd, co-owned by Thrett and IE emcee Gilead7 located in San Bernardino. More: https://phantomthrett.bandcamp.com
Ken Barrientos aka The LogOs, founder of label and studio space, The.Breath is an unsung hero in the Los Angeles music scene. He runs in deep circles, with past work with the likes of Bilal, J*Davey, Sa-Ra, Blu, Iman Omari, Afta-1, Nanna B and more. He plays a set of music that he was involved with from the recording process, production and/or released on his label featuring newer work from The Stomach Club, Alex Hentze and unreleased recordings and remixes. More: https://thebreath.bandcamp.com
Resident and studio host, Gabe Real opens the show with an all vinyl mix. Enjoy.
SUBSCRIBE APPLE PODCASTS
Vinyl Set by Gabe Real, Beat Set By Phantom Thrett, DJ Set By Ken Barrientos w/ tracklist:
1. The Log.Os – Piano Pattern (Piano Stem)
2. The Log.Os – Piano Sustain (Percussion Stem)
3. The Log.Os – Korg MS-20, Roland Space Echo RE-201, AKG BX-10/II Improvisation
4. Joaquin Orellana – Itero-tzul, for tape (1972)
5. Joaquin Orellana – Sacratávica (Live at Centro Cultural Miguel Ángel Asturias)
6. Joaquin Orellana – Ramajes De Una Marimba Imaginaria (Alex Hentze Interpretación)
7. Jamire Williams – WHO WILL STAND?
8. Quartetto Fantastico – Constellation / BE HEAR NOW #7
9. Alex Hentze – As If Awake (feat. Mabe Fratti)
10. Alex Hentze – Solsticio Nórdico
11. Alex Hentze – Solsticio Nórdico (Hermetics Remix)
12. Alex Hentze – El Ultimo Humano
13. Stomach Club – Fallin (Dub)
14. Stomach Club – Fallin (Down)
15. Carlos Niño – Everything Is Happening (Stomach Club Re-Flash)
16. Gonjasufi – When I Die (healed) (Stomach Club remix)
17. Dexter Story – Xamar (Stomach Club Reflix)
18. Jamire Williams – TRUTH REMAINS CONSTANT
19. Nanna B. – Solen
20. The Log.Os – Lily (Score for David Helman)
21. The Log.Os – When You Mean…
22. The Log.Os – Ticky 64 (Floppy Disk)
23. The Log.Os – Tingy (Zeroh Remix)
24. Ken Barrientos – Evil Man (Original)
25. Blu feat. Edan & Zeroh – RonMo (The Log.Os Remix)
Live at the BBQ with Beat Cinema, tune in live on their YouTube channel streaming all day. Our own Mike Styles rocking around 1pm.