TONIGHT! Beats of All-Nations opening for a SOLD OUT #BLACKSTAR show w/ Yasiin Bey (Mos Def) & Talib Kweli! DJ Gabe Real & Mike Styles B2B. Doors at 7. #beatsofallnations
Spreading love from #Pomona, Worldwide. 🇲🇽
🚨🇳🇬THIS SATURDAY 🇪🇬🚨
#BeatsOfAllNations DJs Mike Styles & Subira will be supporting the mighty Seun Anikulapo Kuti & EGYPT 80 at The Novo DTLA!
We’re celebrating 17 years of A Mic and Dimlights with a takeover by Bess Kepp, the host & JB, the DJ! A Mic & Dimlights is the longest running event in Downtown Pomona celebrating free speech with an open mic every Thursday. AMDL is now a monthly and the two Nor-Cal boys, turned IE OGs are mentoring the next gen to keep this community outlet moving forward. JB plays the mids and Bess Kepp takes us out with the infamous Dim Lights (outro).
AMDL Alumni Leeclaybang reunites with the fam. Formerly known as Brother Dvooa, the poet-emcee, dancer, now a producer gone dj, yes he’s covering all elements. He opens the show with a dj set, the crew talks about memories at Dim Lights, the early days, its many venues and what’s to come. Gabe Real, also having worked within the community over the same timespan contributes to the conversation and delivers a closing mix.
A Mic and Dimlights 17 Year Anniversary, Thursday October 5th at The Da Center for the Arts, Pomona Arts Colony, 9pm.
Sumo Hair‘s “Patio No” from the free compilation curated by A Stable Sound and Beats of All-Nations. Music and Video produced by Sumohair.
GOING BACK TO CALI: CUT CHEMIST’S COLOMBIAN CRATES REMIXED //
Phantom Thrett is an experimental producer, singer, and rapper from Pomona, California that has been creating hip-hop and R&B tracks since ’07. Thrett plays a live set a beats from his SP-404 and talks about the grand opening of Serious Cartoons Records & Tapes happening Saturday September 23rd, co-owned by Thrett and IE emcee Gilead7 located in San Bernardino. More: https://phantomthrett.bandcamp.com
Ken Barrientos aka The LogOs, founder of label and studio space, The.Breath is an unsung hero in the Los Angeles music scene. He runs in deep circles, with past work with the likes of Bilal, J*Davey, Sa-Ra, Blu, Iman Omari, Afta-1, Nanna B and more. He plays a set of music that he was involved with from the recording process, production and/or released on his label featuring newer work from The Stomach Club, Alex Hentze and unreleased recordings and remixes. More: https://thebreath.bandcamp.com
Resident and studio host, Gabe Real opens the show with an all vinyl mix. Enjoy.
Vinyl Set by Gabe Real, Beat Set By Phantom Thrett, DJ Set By Ken Barrientos w/ tracklist:
1. The Log.Os – Piano Pattern (Piano Stem)
2. The Log.Os – Piano Sustain (Percussion Stem)
3. The Log.Os – Korg MS-20, Roland Space Echo RE-201, AKG BX-10/II Improvisation
4. Joaquin Orellana – Itero-tzul, for tape (1972)
5. Joaquin Orellana – Sacratávica (Live at Centro Cultural Miguel Ángel Asturias)
6. Joaquin Orellana – Ramajes De Una Marimba Imaginaria (Alex Hentze Interpretación)
7. Jamire Williams – WHO WILL STAND?
8. Quartetto Fantastico – Constellation / BE HEAR NOW #7
9. Alex Hentze – As If Awake (feat. Mabe Fratti)
10. Alex Hentze – Solsticio Nórdico
11. Alex Hentze – Solsticio Nórdico (Hermetics Remix)
12. Alex Hentze – El Ultimo Humano
13. Stomach Club – Fallin (Dub)
14. Stomach Club – Fallin (Down)
15. Carlos Niño – Everything Is Happening (Stomach Club Re-Flash)
16. Gonjasufi – When I Die (healed) (Stomach Club remix)
17. Dexter Story – Xamar (Stomach Club Reflix)
18. Jamire Williams – TRUTH REMAINS CONSTANT
19. Nanna B. – Solen
20. The Log.Os – Lily (Score for David Helman)
21. The Log.Os – When You Mean…
22. The Log.Os – Ticky 64 (Floppy Disk)
23. The Log.Os – Tingy (Zeroh Remix)
24. Ken Barrientos – Evil Man (Original)
25. Blu feat. Edan & Zeroh – RonMo (The Log.Os Remix)
Cut Chemist takes us back to school with an all 45’s megamix tribute to the Deep Funk era made famous by legendary DJs and collectors such as Keb Darge, Ian Wright, and Dj Shadow. Take a trip back to a time when record stores still lined the streets and funk records could still be found in them. All OG, well except for Soul Drifters…
Just in time for the very hyped solar eclipse we welcome back our French cousin, 7even Sun to the show for the very first time. No stranger to Beats of All-Nations, check his 2015 full-length release, ESCAPOLOGIES, at beatofallnations.bandcamp.com. We also welcome back our very own Porchlite, who has just returned from a national tour with Jurassic 5 and some pretty epic live shows with Epic Rap Battles of History. He opens up the show and JB closes us out with a brand new mix. Gabe Real and Mike Styles join in on the conversation. Recorded live in Downtown Pomona at Gabe Real’s Music. Culture. Freedom. Studio.
Live at the BBQ with Beat Cinema, tune in live on their YouTube channel streaming all day. Our own Mike Styles rocking around 1pm.
Following the recent release of “Going Back to Cali: Cut Chemist’s Colombian Crates Remixed,” curated by A Stable Sound & Beats of All-Nations, Cut Chemist invited the West Coast contributors of the project in to the studio showcase their various styles of production, performance and to talk about the process of digging through his crates and giving ’em a new sound. Co. Fee, Yukicito, Sumohair and DJ Gabe Real join Cut Chemist & Mike Styles on episode 21. Happy Bday Mike Styles!
Apple Podcasts | Mixcloud