We hadn’t quite left but we’re back. We took a short break on the podcast circuit while we pushed our compilation, Seasons Change and hosted some pretty awesome events, Porchlite in the meantime was on a US/Euro tour with Epic Rap Battles of History.
And now, Beats of All-Nations Radio Episode 013 is here featuring the international house sounds of Shark Faicol, a talented DJ and musician (drums & piano) that is very close to our operation. He is one-half of Mabuhay Miles (a collab with Porchlite), a member of The Compound and gets recurring spins at the GetDownOC. He’s shared stages with Mark Farina, Nic Fanciulli, Marques Wyatt, Doc Martin, Joeski, Sonny Fodera, and Aeroplane, to name a few, and he’s prepping to open for Miguel Migs tonight in Newport Beach at Focus OC.
“This mix features selected music from: Todd Edwards, J Letto, Tom Misch, Voyeur, Konstantin Sibold, Detroit Swindle, I tried covering a lot of ground in this mix. Really went for a more international sound spanning from Chicago, Africa, Amsterdam, and more. Mix starts with slower tempo house, groovy looped based tracks. Later we explore quicker tempos that feature tracks with horns, vocals and even some classic house. Basically tried to encapsulate the funk, but place it in a house music type sensibility. “
CONTINUE FOR TRACKLIST:
- Voyeur – Why
- Voyeur – The Long Way Home
- Motor City Drum Ensemble – Raw Cuts 3 (Original Mix)
- Detroit Swindle – Figure Of Speech (Original Mix)
- G. Markus – No Not In The Face (Original Mix)
- Swabs – Walk (Todd Edwards Remix)
- Tom Misch – Beautiful Escape (feat. Zak Abel)
- Arturo Garces, J Lettow – Where Were You (J Lettow Remix)
- Konstantin Sibold – Dome
- Hauswerks – Why You Tellin’ Me
- Deep Sensation – Somehow, Somewhere (There’s A Soul Heaven) (Original Mix)